Experience Over 20 years practicing transactional law in Ukraine and in the United States. Experience includes mergers & acquisitions, private equity, corporate, finance, real estate, compliance, employment, arbitration, regulatory and government relations. Sector experience – energy, chemicals, agriculture, FMCG, technology, media and banking.
Experience includes Baker & McKenzie (Ukraine and Dallas); Covington & Burling (Washington D.C.); Squire Patton Boggs (Ukraine); and Philip Morris International (Ukraine).
- Advising international private investor with respect to equity investment for 150 million Euro biomass power plant in Ukraine. Advising on due diligence, regulatory, corporate structuring, transactional and government relations.
- Advised US private equity fund on CHP power station using thermal energy. European EPC contractor and European Ex-Im Bank financing involved in transaction.
- Advised ContourGlobal on financing of CHP project with Coca-Cola company in Ukraine. Part of $250 million global project.
- Advised investor on all aspects (due diligence, transactional documents and finance documents) of acquisition of four chemical plants in Ukraine with value of over $2.2 billion.
- Advised FMCG on all aspects of construction of $100 million greenfield plant in Ukraine.
- Advised Ukrainian real estate company on foreign private placements of $45 million and then $100 million with foreign investors.
- Advised foreign sovereign wealth fund on multi-jurisdictional strategy, including Ukrainian litigation, Cyprus courts and London Court of International Arbitration for defending and pursuing its misappropriated investment in Ukraine.
- Advised foreign investors on various investments (due diligence, structuring, regulatory) in Ukraine, including tech sector, FMCG, banking, agriculture.
University of Maryland J.D. (Order of the Coif) – 1993
University of Pennsylvania Master of Government Affairs – 1990
LaSalle University, B.A. Economics and Russian (Maxima Cum Laude) - 1998
Admitted State of Maryland - 1994
Volunteer Participated in various legal reform and rule of law activities including: editor of three US-Ukraine Business Council’s White Paper on Legal Reform and Anti-Corruption, 2014-2017; Forum on Eliminating Corruption and Promoting Economic Development at invite of the Rule of Law Collaborative at the University of South Carolina; various Kyiv projects for development of reform legislation and work with Ministry of Economy on reform efforts. Member of Executive Board of US-Ukraine Business Council (2016-2018): Fundraising Committee – Ukrainian Catholic University (2010-2017): Advisory Board to ILM (Institute Leadership and Management at Ukrainian Catholic University); and International Election Monitor (1994-2015)
Languages: English (native); Ukrainian (fluent); Russian (working)